It's not a stretch to think that what you put in your body on the inside will eventually reflect itself on the outside, namely with your skin.
So while you may have loved that extra cheese pizza with pepperoni, your skin probably didn't appreciate it.
But when you treat yourself to loads of fresh vegetables and plenty of fresh, clean water, you skin will reward you with clean, clear and blemish-free skin.
Now that's just one secret of healthy and happy skin.
There are plenty more and you'll be surprised how easily it is to incorporate foods that will give your hair, skin and nails that glow that you've been looking for.
Imagine that your skin is your health and wellness barometer.
If you feed it good food, you get clear, healthy skin and you know that your body is in a state of balance and health.
If you feed it poor food, well, you know what happens then.
For the average person, it takes approximately 30 days for the skin cells to regenerate and that new growth is going to be a direct reflection of what you've fed your body.
Hair grows about a half inch per month, give or take for each person.
A new nail will grow anywhere from 4-6 months.
All of these will show on the outside what you're doing to yourself on the inside.
For instance, you can look at your nails for one of the first signs that you're vitamin or mineral deficient. Spots, ridges, dry or brittle nails are all indicative of vitamin deficiencies.
So what foods will give you the magic ticket for healthier and better looking hair, skin and nails?
Focus on the following:
1. Vitamin A- found in leafy green vegetables and orange or yellow vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots cantaloupes or squash
2. Vitamin B- found in whole grains, nuts, animal meat, potatoes, bananas and prunes
3. Vitamin C- found in green vegetables, citrus fruits, strawberries, black currants, blackberries, cherries and grapes
4. Vitamin E- found in wheat germ and sunflower oils, sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, avocados and spinach
5. Co-enzyme Q10- found in fish oils, nuts, fish and animal meat
6. Omega 3 fatty acids- found in salmon, tuna, walnuts, olive oil, flaxseed oil, cold water fish and nuts
7. Zinc- found in garbanzo and kidney beans, oysters, sardines, beef, liver, lamb and pork
8. Selenium- found in Brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, tuna, sole, rice and wheat
9. Biotin- found in egg yolks, peanuts, peanut butter, hazelnuts and sesame seeds
10. Lutein- found in dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach and collard greens
The combination of the above vitamin and minerals will help to repair the cells damage, promote healthy growth, combat inflammation, protect from sun damage, act as antioxidants and smooth the skin's texture.
Mother Nature has provided for you a full prescription for beautiful skin, hair and nails. The challenge for you is to take advantage of everything that has been provided for you.
So it really is true, beauty has always been more than skin deep. BCRX new product launch will be addressing skin care from within. Sign up for our newsletter for updates on product launch dates.